An extremely successful and well-established food manufacturer is seeking a Technical Assistant to join its successful team. Based in the South West of England, the company supplies goods to major UK supermarkets so a commitment to quality is essential. If you've got previous experience within a fast-moving food manufacturing environment, an analytical mind and are a natural problem solver, we want to hear from you.
First Achieve is working with an extremely successful and well-established food manufacturer that supplies high-end products to major UK supermarkets.
A new opportunity for a Technical Assistant has arisen, due to the growth of the business over the last 18 months.
The role is to assist the technical department producing quality products to meet customer specifications.
You will be supporting the Technical Management with the upkeep of food safety, quality management and handling customer complaints.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review production processes to ensure products are made to specification
- Manage external contract services and calibration of equipment to ensure certificates are up to date
- Support with weekly and monthly technical reports
- Carry out raw material checks, checking it complies with specifications
- Carry out consistent audits
- Assist compliance manager with tracking holidays and holiday cover for the QA team
- Manage, trend and report internal NCNs and reject reports and databases
- Train staff members in technical procedures, including CCP’s
- Manage lab testing schedule and report out of spec results
- Use M3 (ERP system) to maintain the technical status of raw materials, WIP and finished goods
- Previous experience within a fast-moving food manufacturing environment
- Level 2 food safety qualification, preferably Level 3
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Understanding of BRC requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good Microsoft skills, including word and excel and able to maintain accurate records
- Problem solver
Salary of up to £25,000
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send an updated CV to Bethany Pirie at [email protected] or, if you want to discuss the position further, call me on 0141 816 0116