A Glasgow-based food manufacturing business is looking to recruit an experienced Food Technologist to join its fantastic team. Reporting to the Head of Technical, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of products, as well as establishing strong relationships with both customers and supplies, so excellent communication skills are a must. Think you've got the right ingredients? We want to hear from you!
First Achieve is working closely with a fantastic food manufacturing business based in Glasgow.
Reporting into the Head of Technical this role is office-based working Monday- Friday, 9am – 5pm, with the possibility to work four days in the office and one day from home.
The overall objective of this role is to assist in the effective management of Technical Function in Glasgow and liaise with manufacturing sites/suppliers.
You will also assist in the New Product Development projects and provide the technical department with support when needed, this will also include visiting suppliers when required.
- Development and maintenance of product specifications for own-label products and retail brand products
- Evaluation of artwork to ensure it meets legal and customer requirements
- Ensuring customer due diligence requirements are met through product testing and maintained through keeping accurate records
- Understanding and applying customer quality standards, while making sure customer, company and legislative requirements are met
- Ensure internal quality systems and procedures are maintained and developed
- Monitor internal/external laboratory analysis results for all products
- Working closely with the NPD manager on the development of new product lines, in accordance with Commercial direction, critical path and customer brief, to ensure compliance with UK/EU legislation
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers’ technical functions
- Management of customer complaint handling systems. Ensuring complaints are responded to, trended, monitored and the appropriate actions are taken, when necessary
- Accumulate month-end reports and complete all KPI and customer information
- Make sure the kitchen area is maintained to a high level of cleanliness and organisation
To be considered for the Food Technologist role, you must :
- Have a Food Science degree or equivalent to it
- Have previous experience in a food manufacturing, technical role
- Posses excellent communication and organisational skills
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send an updated CV to Bethany Pirie [email protected] or want to discuss the position further call me on 0141 816 0116
m: 07710 436 391