First Achieve’s Engineering Division have a fantastic opportunity for a highly professional Crane Engineer, with a proven track record within the commercial vehicle sector. Our Client, is one of the leading specialist vehicle suppliers in the UK and offers a broad range of services to all of the leading Manufacturers, including but not limited to; HiAb, Palfinger, Cormach etc.
- Monday to Friday (Day Shift Role)
- Permanent Role from Day 1
- £30 - £35,000 Per Annum (DOE)
- Over-Time Rates Available
- Company Van & Tools provided
- Fuel Card
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- + Much More.
Ideally, you will hold an ALLMI Certification to carry out LOLER testing.
- Will consider candidates qualified to [NVQ Level 3] and a considerable amount of experience working on the equipment.
- 5 years hands on experience of maintaining, servicing, and repairing various pieces of crane and lifting equipment.
- Knowledge and Understanding of LOLER regulations.
- Ability to perform and oversee Loader testing.
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to influence customers.
- To hold a full and clean driving licence.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
Reporting to Crane Department Management and ensure that own and team operations, including those undertaken on the Company's behalf are conducted in manner which fully complies with Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental and Best Practices Policies.
- Maintain cranes, prolonging the life of the equipment under our remit by means of preventative maintenance and servicing.
- Reduce avoidable costs where possible for the group by achieving first time fix rate.
- Advise the group/site in crane related and lifting operation matters.
- Reduce crane breakdowns by Preventative Maintenance on component items.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and route cause analysis on components after failure.
- Completion of Risk Assessment/Method Statements and Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Collate crane performance data and send monthly reports to manager for all sites.
- Understand and deploy continuous improvement and problem-solving techniques to optimise crane availability, reliability and performance.