First Achieve is working closely with a well – established Chilled Food Manufacturer in Suffolk that supplies all the major retailers. The Head of Technical is looking for a strong number 2, for the position of Technical Compliance Manager, someone who is Technically minded with a strong passion for Systems. This will mainly be an office-based role where you will be managing supplier approvals, internal audits, external audits including BRC and retailer audits. You will deputise for the Head of Technical in there absence, so this role will give the successful individual great hands on experience in overseeing an entire technical department at times.
The ideal candidate:
- Adequate knowledge of systems, procedures and protocols
- Food Science degree and previous experience in a similar role
- Good people management skills, as you must be able to motivate a team
- Previous experience conducting and preparing for audits including BRC and Retail
- Excellent IT skills
- Retailer Specification experience would be ideal. Knowledge of HACCP
- Manage the daily running of the factory regarding the QMS systems
- Support the Head of Technical and Technical Co-Ordinator to conduct and prepare for customer and 3rd party audits.
- Coordinate with all department function including NPD, Production and Training communicating any changes to the QMS.
- Liaise with Suppliers as required to make sure all technical information needed for supplier technical approval is received. Carry out risk assessments of each supplier for all raw material specifications making sure it complies with BRC and all relevant standards.
- Work closely with the NPD and purchasing team to make sure any new suppliers have completed brand standards for raw materials and packaging. Specifications are checked and approved before presenting any products to customers.
- Assist and work alongside the Technical manager and any other duties as required.
In return our client will be offering a salary up to £45,000, pension and holidays. If this sounds like something you would like to apply for, please send an up to date CV to Adam Bernard or if you would like to discuss it further, please call me on 0141 816 0116.