Business Development / Sales Manager
First Achieve have a fantastic new opportunity for a Sales Manager/BDM with our key Client who are a leading successful Global Freight Forwarder. The role will cover the Scottish and North of England region. The role will combine managing and developing your own Client base and managing a small team within Internal sales and a Field based BDM in the North of England. You will oversee the sales strategy of the business and report directly to the MD and Commercial Director. I am keen to speak with proven Senior BDM’s/Sales Manager’s that are experienced within the Multi-Modal Freight Forwarding sector. You will be responsible for the development of all New Business within the multi-modal International Freight Forwarding department in line with agreed targets and benchmarks, thereafter ensuring new clients receive first class customer care and business retention.
- Conduct face-to-face/video/telephone calls with potential clients throughout Scotland.
- Ensure new clients are retained.
- Negotiate and price all aspects of the business
- Negotiate rate reviews with Clients
- Work closely with the MD and Commercial Director in driving and implementing a strong sales culture.
- Establish a high standard of customer care to resolve customer issues.
- General Account Management
- Implement KPI’s, SLA’s and sales targets for your team.
- Lead from the front and be a positive mentor.
- Liaise closely with internal departments - operations/finance/sales.
- Keep accurate client file records.
- Meet mutually agreed sales and profit targets.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in Freight sales with multi-modal experience Air/Ocean/Road
- Proven sales track record.
- Leadership skills ideally previous Managerial Sales experience
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of personnel.
- First class organisational skills and time management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages.
You will be rewarded with an industry leading basic salary and genuine realistic bonus opportunities. An exciting time to join the company as they continue to build upon their success in the market with further excellent career progression.