Business Development Manager
First Achieve are currently recruiting on behalf of our key Client who are a leading Global successful Freight Forwarder for position of Business Development Manager to cover the Scottish Region. You will be responsible for the development of new business within their multi-modal International Freight Forwarding department in line with agreed targets and benchmarks, thereafter ensuring new clients receive first class customer care and business retention.
- Conduct personal face-to-face visits with potential clients throughout Scotland.
- Ensure new clients are retained.
- Negotiate and price all aspects of the business
- Negotiate rate reviews with Clients
- Assist the Sales Director and Forwarding Managers where required.
- Establish a high standard of customer care to resolve customer issues.
- General Account Management
- Liaise closely with internal departments - operations/finance/sales.
- Keep accurate client file records.
- Meet mutually agreed sales and profit targets.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in Freight sales with preferred multi-modal experience Air/Ocean/Road
- Proven sales track record.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of personnel.
- First class organisational skills and time management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages.
You will be rewarded with an industry leading basic salary and genuine realistic bonus opportunities. An exciting time to join the company as they continue to build upon their success in the market with further excellent career progression.