Assistant Technical Manager
First Achieve are working closely with a fast-growing agricultural business who supplies major retailer’s high- quality products. They are based in East Lothian. My client is looking for an Assistant Technical Manager to join their expanding team. This would be ideal for s graduate looking for their first management role.
- Responsible for managing day-to-day tasks within the department
- Assist the factory with training to ensure standards and procedures are implemented correctly
- Internal auditing against the BRC and retailer standards and codes of practices
- Maintain and develop the existing technical systems and procedures to ensure the high internal and customer/legislative expectations are always met or exceeded.
- Maintain existing third party BRC accreditation.
- Responsible for some day-to-day customer queries and customer complaints
- Control the approval of growers and supplier (including visits and audits as required)
- Be responsible for the company HACCP system and perform as the HACCP Team Leader
- There may be the occasional travel with this role within UK and abroad
The Ideal Candidate:
- Can demonstrate experience in a similar technical role within the food industry.
- Experience of working with the major retailers and their systems and requirements
- Good working knowledge of BRC and retailer audit requirements
- You will preferably be HACCP and Food Safety certified to intermediate level.
- A keen eye for details and an organised and detailed approach to work
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills
- Travel to customers/supplier as may be required
- Able to deputise in the Technical Managers absence
In return my client will offer a salary of up to £30,000 with holidays & pension. This role would be the perfect opportunity for a graduate or someone looking to take there first step into management. If this sounds like something you would be interested in applying for, please send an up to date CV to Adam Bernard If you would like to discuss it further, please call me on 0141 816 0116