Airfreight Manager – Freight Forwarding
Are you an Airfreight Operations Manager within Freight Forwarding with strong leaderships and operational experience looking to join a global brand at an exciting transformational time? First Achieve are looking for a talented Airfreight Operations Manager to join our Client partner a leading Global Freight Forwarder based at their West Midlands branch. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you’ll be core in providing strong leadership and operational management to the operational team to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient customer focused airfreight service in line with best practice and compliance.
You will also ensure delivery of monthly/annual and longer-term volume and profitability growth targets for the department in line with company/budget/sales/product plans.
You will also be leading, managing, coaching and developing our talented team.
We are seeking an individual who can develop, shape and drive the operational capability, drive exceedingly great customer service and growth aspirations.
- Operational – develop and drive our short- and long-term volume and profitability growth. You’ll ensure that clear goals and department activities are developed, implemented and achieved.
- Customer Service & Engagement - retaining and growing our existing customer base whilst ensuring exceptional customer service. Supporting new business opportunities with engagement, collaborating with our Business Development Managers.
- Developing People – lead from the front, being visible, collaborating as one team with trust. Develop and coach our people to deliver best in class solutions.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement - deploy robust deliverable continuous improvement plans using experience of best practice techniques together with company tools and procedures.
- You’ll have demonstrable Airfreight operations experience, working in a similar role with Freight Forwarding.
- You will have strong demonstrable people management skills (coaching, mentoring and developing) coupled with strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Furthermore, you will have strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and manage high workloads whilst meeting deadlines.
To apply please e-mail CV to [email protected] or call for informal confidential chat on 07958664635